Now that Labor Day Weekend has passed, we can officially, though reluctantly, say goodbye to summer, and welcome the fast-approaching fall. The hillsides above Galena are already showing hints of their colorful autumnal hues, which means now is the perfect time to plan a getaway to Galena. As the air begins to cool, we’ll soon be surrounded by fall’s hallmark hues of crimson, orange, yellow, and green. You won’t have to go far to see the finest fall foliage the Midwest has to offer. Take advantage of this incredible fall weather, and book your room with us today.
The Best Places to View Fall Foliage in Galena
The fall color show in Galena is nothing short of spectacular. The peak foliage season typically stretches from mid-September through Late October. The best way to get those panoramic fall views we’re all after is by taking a hike, but there are plenty of unique ways to basque in the glory of fall in Galena. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- See Galena’s fall foliage from a whole different vantage point this year, with one of the town’s newest businesses, Long Hollow Canopy Tours. This new attraction gives guests the chance to soar across 6 zip lines and up to 75 feet in the air.
- Take in the extraordinary fall beauty at Linmar Gardens.
- Take a ride on the Tri-State Trolley, then sit back and enjoy the colorful views unfold as you learn about Galena’s history.
- Rent a bike from Fever River Outfitters, then head down the Galena River Trail for a scenic fall ride along the river. Keep going until you reach the beautiful Buehler Preserve.
- Rent a kayak or canoe, and float down the scenic Galena River, taking in the fall colors from an entirely different point of view.
- Take a ski lift ride to the top of Chestnut Mountain Resort, where you’ll enjoy stunning panoramic views of the Mississippi River below. This is also a great place to enjoy a fall hike and see Mother Nature up close and personal.
- Take a 90-minute Mississippi River Explorer Cruise, which is also run by Chestnut Mountain Resort. Views of the forested bluffs, on fire with fall color, are simply breathtaking.
- Take a scenic drive through the wooded hillsides and lush green valleys of Galena. The 40-mile Stagecoach Trail is beautiful in the fall. You can also follow State-84 to Mississippi Palisades State Park. Once there, head into the park for some truly stunning bluff-top lookout points.
The gorgeous colors of fall don’t just stay outside. We’ve already begun decorating Jail Hill Inn for the season, and there are delicious fall treats coming out of our kitchen as well. Beyond relishing the gorgeous hues of fall, there’s plenty to do in the Galena area. Visit one of the regions many wineries, take in a Magic Show, savor a romantic dinner for two, browse local shops, and so much more. Book your stay with us today, and start planning your fall getaway to Galena.