Welcome to Jail Hill Inn - A Luxury Small Inn One Block From Historic Galena Illinois
Jail Hill Inn offers gracious lodging for a perfect getaway. A true gem, the inn delivers the ultimate in relaxation, luxury accommodations and location. Tucked away, yet close enough to walk to Galena’s historic Main Street, the 135-year-old, 4-story brick building (which served as the county jail for nearly 100 years) has been lovingly transformed into Galena’s premier bed and breakfast inn by innkeeper Matthew Carroll.
Due to its unique hillside location, the inn offer sweeping views from stately windows (some 9 feet tall). The third-story back deck overlooking the beautifully landscaped yard is a treasured haven for guests to relax and enjoy a glass of wine.
Each of Jail Hill Inn’s spacious multi-room private suites features:
- A luxurious king size bed with fine linens and pillows
- A sitting area with ornate gas fireplace
- Kohler bathroom with either a steam shower or bubble massage tub
- Wet bar with a small refrigerator, microwave and Keurig coffee system
- Aveda personal care products
- Smart TV
- Bluetooth-enabled sound system
- A nightly wine and cheese reception
- Chocolates and chilled champagne in suite upon arrival
- A daily three-course, made-from-scratch gourmet breakfast in the first floor dining room
- Warm hospitality and personalized service
Summers in Galena are filled with plenty of fun and adventure, but it’s time to start turning our attention to the upcoming fall months. With