5 Intriguing Things to Do in Galena Il At Night
Have you ever wondered what there is to do in Galena after you’ve enjoyed dinner and the shops along Main Street have mostly closed up for the night? There’s actually a surprising amount of things to do in Galena at night. From hitting up live music venues or catching a local magic show to exploring the dark (and haunted!) side of Galena, there’s plenty of fun things to do in Galena at night. You can also dine in and enjoy the many amenities and extras available to you at Jail Hill Inn. Whatever it is you want to do, our Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to all of it. Book your stay at our luxury Galena Bed and Breakfast today!
5 Things to Do Galena Il When the Sun Goes Down
There are a lot of things to do in Galena during the day. Browse the shops on Main Street, go wine tasting at Galena Cellars, enjoy some skiing in the winter at Chestnut Mountain Resort, spend a day golfing at local golf courses, and even some goat yoga! Despite all of these great things to do in Galena during the day, we commonly get asked, “What’s there to do in Galena at night?” For that, we have a few ideas! Here are 5 of our favorite things to do in Galena at night:
- Galena has a long and storied history, so it should really be no surprise that the town also comes with a few scary ghost stories. Ghost tours are a great way to explore the history of our town, all while giving yourself a little scare after dark.
- Put a spin on the classic ghost tour, and spend an evening participating in a haunted pub crawl around Galena. Mix your spirits (both the paranormal and the liquid variety), and enjoy learning more about Galena along the way.
- Enjoy a night of magic and illusions at PT Murphy’s Magic Show. There are only 24 seats for each show, promising you an intimate and fun night. You definitely want to book your seats in advance to ensure you get to see the show you want. The magic show lasts for 65 minutes with no intermission.
- There are a number of live music venues in Galena. Our Innkeeper can give you plenty of recommendations when you stay, but popular places to go include The Cornerstone, The Grape Escape, Galena Brewing Company, Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub, and One Eleven Main.
- And, of course, there’s always lounging under the stars on Jail Hill Inn’s back patio. Enjoy the peace and quiet, or share a glass of wine and meet your fellow travelers on your own private oassis in Galena.
Late Nights “Inn” at our Galena Bed and Breakfast
Would you rather just curl up in cozy comfort and spend your night indoors mired in luxury? We can do that in Galena, too! Our guest rooms truly are a work of sanctuary in and of themselves, and they are the perfect place to relax, unwind, and truly get away from it all. You can even skip dinner out and enjoy pizza right in the comfort of your suite!
Each of the guest rooms at Jail Hill Inn is also equipped with plenty of things to keep you entertained after dark. Each room has its own large collection of board games, and we also offer SmartTV’s so guests can log in to their own Netflix, Hulu, or other accounts. And, of course, when you want to turn up the romance a little, each guest room has its own fireplace and Bluetooth Music that can be fully personalized. What more could you ask for? Getaway to Galena this fall, and enjoy an unforgettable getaway in this charmingly historic town. Book your room today!