At the Jail Hill Inn, we are busy getting ready to celebrate our first holiday season open to the public. Next week, families will gather around their traditional holiday tables, and so begins a month-long celebration of joy and giving. We are excited for all of the possibilities this brings us, as we get ready to celebrate with our guests. With a wide variety of shopping and holiday festivities to enjoy, there’s no better place to unwrap new holiday memories than on the charming town of Galena, Illinois. Whether you choose to join us for some holiday shopping, dazzling light displays, time away from the chaotic stress of the holidays, or other fun holiday-themed activities, you’ll find nothing but joy and merriment in Galena throughout the upcoming holiday season. To get started on your getaway, book a room at our exquisite Bed and Breakfast today.
Celebrate the Holiday Season
If you’re struggling to get into the Christmas spirit for whatever reason this year, there’s no better time to visit us in Galena. Galena is the quiet escape you’re looking for, where romance, love, and the gentle spirit of Christmas floats through the air. Let Galena’s garland-lined main street captivate your spirit, and then join in the excitement and festivities happening around Galena. A few of our favorite events coming up this holiday season include:
- On November 26th, the Festival of Trees at the DeSoto House Ballroom kicks off the holiday season in Galena, followed by the kickoff to the Old Fashioned Christmas in Galena and Tree Lighting Ceremony on Main Street.
- On November 30th, join Galena for the United Churches Christmas Concert
- This year’s Taste of Christmas Progressive Dinner is already sold out, but you may want to mark your calendars for this amazing event next year.
- Join 5 local homeowners on December 3rd as they open their doors to the public during the annual Holiday Housewalk.
- On December 10th experience once of the most beautiful nights of the year in Galena; The Night of the Lumaria. That night, the streets, steps, and sidewalks of Galena will be lined with nearly 5,000 candle-lit luminaries; a truly magical Christmas scene to behold.
- Other events taking place on December 10th include the annual Living Windows displays, and the 2nd annual Wedding in a Window. The winner’s of the Wedding in Window competition will renew their vows live, in one of downtown Galena’s windows. Jail Hill Inn is a proud participant in this wonderful celebration, offering the lucky couple a complimentary stay at our Inn. Throughout the remainder of the evening, stroll through downtown Galena and enjoy the vignettes in the dozen or more storefront windows. They come alive with holiday inspired animations sure to delight all ages.
There’s also an incredible variety of unique and boutique shops along Galena’s Main Street. These shops are the perfect place to cross those final few items off your Christmas lists. We’re also running a Gift Certificate Special throughout the month of December. When you buy a gift certificate of $100 or more, you’ll receive a bonus gift certificate. You can either save it for yourself, or gift it to someone in need of a romantic escape. See our website for more details regarding this amazing opportunity!
There’s no better way to start off the holiday season than by booking a getaway to our stunning Bed and Breakfast. Christmas in Galena is a magical celebration unique to us. We look forward to helping you relax during the busiest time of year. Book your getaway today, and celebrate Christmas with us at the Jail Hill Inn in Galena.