See Why You Should Plan a Galena Winery Tour This Spring
Have you taken a Galena Winery Tour yet? This spring might just be the perfect opportunity! If you’ve never visited Galena before, it might come as a surprise to learn that the Galena area is actually home to some of the top award-winning wineries in the state of Illinois. There are a number of wineries in the area, each of which offers something unique and is worth visiting.
There is, of course, plenty to do in downtown Galena to keep you busy during a weekend getaway, but we’d be remiss not to mention all of the great things to do in the surrounding area! One of our favorites is taking Galena Winery Tours. These tours are the perfect way not just to taste the delicious wines grown and produced here, but also to learn more about what makes these wines so appealing and see the area’s beautiful countryside. Don’t miss this opportunity. Book your room at our Galena Bed and Breakfast Today!
2 Great Galena Winery Tours to Take This Spring
If you’re at all a wine lover, Galena really should be on your radar. This quaint, historic little town is home to 6 great wineries and hosts several wine events throughout the year. These events, including Corkless in Galena and Wine Lovers Weekends, have huge draws from the greater Chicago area and across Illinois. Lodging for events like these often book up far in advance, as they provide some of the best wine tasting opportunities in the Midwest.
If you can’t make it to one of those great events this year, it’s not a problem. Galena Winery tours can be enjoyed at any time throughout the remainder of the year! Here are 2 great companies that offer winery tours in Galena.
- Countryside Tours offers a number of winery tours in the Galena area. Each tour is different but includes 4 hours of fun and 3 wine-tasting stops along the way. Their Wine Tasting Tour includes 3 stops at one of Galena’s 6 wineries and includes up to 9 delicious tastings. They also offer a Hop Tour, which includes a broader range of tastings. The tour includes a stop at 1 vineyard and 1 or 2 stops at what they describe as “very unique drinking establishment from the 1850s and/or a distillery.” All tours depart from their set location in downtown Galena, which is very walkable from our Inn.
- Galena Wine Tours offers you the gateway to a fun-filled day in the vineyards around Galena. Galena Wine Tours will pick you up directly from the Jail Hill Inn before heading out on your chosen adventure. They offer 3 different Galena Winery Tours, which include the Blackhawk Wine Tour, their Winery/Council Hill Tour, and the My Favorite Places Galena Tour. Each is different, but all offer great wine tasting experiences and plenty of fun and scenic adventure along the way.
Galena Wineries to Visit
If you’d rather venture out and discover the many Wineries around Galena on your own, here are the 6 places you’ll want to consider!
- Galena Cellars, probably the most recognized Galena Winery, also offers their own public Vineyard tours. They offer wine tastings at their downtown Galena location and their winery, and also host a number of events throughout the year.
- Massbach Ridge Winery also offers tours of their vineyard, and they have a tasting room both at the winery and in downtown Galena.
- Rocky Waters Winery has a fully-stocked wine room, and they offer both tastings and tours onsight.
- A short ways away in Hanover is Fergedaboudit Winery, and they offer an onsight tasting room.
- In Dubuque, you’ll find Stone Cliff Winery, which has a beautiful tasting room and a café. It’s the perfect place to grab lunch and enjoy a relaxing afternoon. They also have outdoor seating for those beautiful sunny days ahead.
- Also in Dubuque is the Sunset Ridge Winery. The winery is situated on the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi River, and their tasting room makes for a stunning place to sit and sip wine.
Visit our Top-Rated Galena Bed and Breakfast
Located just steps off Main Street in beautiful Downtown Galena, you’ll find an old restored Jail turned luxurious Bed and Breakfast. Jail Hill Inn is the only luxury property of its kind in Galena. Awaiting in your room upon arrival will be chilled champagne and a box of signature chocolates, and that’s just the beginning! Each evening from 5 – 7 pm, we host a delicious wine and appetizer hour, followed by nightly treats like freshly baked cookies. Each morning, you’ll be treated to a scrumptious 3-course breakfast, and some of the best hospitality you’ll ever experience.
Our guest rooms are filled with luxury amenities and those added touches you crave, like buttery soft Comphy brand linens, plush Frette bath towels and signature bathrobe, premium Bluetooth sound systems that are fully customizable to your preferences, and Aveda bathroom products. Sink into a luxurious bath, unwind in a steam shower, or crawl into our cozy and plush beds. It’s all waiting for you. All you have to do is book a room at the Jail Hill Inn, Galena’s finest Bed and Breakfast, today!