If you’re looking for the best weekend getaway near Chicago, you’ve come to the right place! Galena has long been considered to be a top getaway destination for those in Chicago and other major cities in the Midwest, including Milwaukee, Madison, and even Minneapolis/St. Paul. From Chicago, Galena is considered to only be a one-tank getaway, as it takes just under 3 hours to get here.
If you haven’t yet made the trek from Chicago to Galena, you’re missing out on a truly extraordinary little town, and, as it happens, the Best Galena IL Bed and Breakfast. With plenty of awards and accolades and an incredible number of 5-star reviews standing behind our name, you’ll soon see why the Jail Hill Inn is the best weekend getaway near Chicago. Book a room, and come explore this romantic piece of Illinois with us!
Best Weekend Getaway Near Chicago is Galena!
So what is it about Galena that makes it the perfect weekend getaway near Chicago? Well, that answer is probably different for each of you, but really what it boils down to is the incredible, historic charm of Main Street, the beautiful scenery of the surrounding area, a variety of fun things to do in and around town, and, of course, the tranquil and beautiful accommodations like those offered at our Galena Bed and Breakfast.
If you want specific recommendations for the best things to do in Galena, Illinois once you’re here, keep reading for our 5 favorite things to share with our guests!
- The Jail Hill Inn is just minutes from downtown Galena and all of the incredible shopping there is to do there. Downtown Galena houses more than 125 independently owned boutiques, art galleries, and more. It was actually ranked as the “Best Main Street” by Midwest Living Magazine readers, but it needs to be seen to be believed.
- Unwind in the afternoon with a variety of delicious drinks! There are a number of great Galena wineries to visit, including Galena Cellars Winery, along with Galena Brewing and Blaum Bros. Distilling.
- Enjoy the scenery around Galena! With gently rolling hills and dramatic river views, Galena Country truly is beautiful. One of the best ways to take it all in is by enjoying a scenic drive around the area.
- Get outside and enjoy a breath of fresh air outside of the city! Depending on the season you visit us in, there are plenty of things to do in Galena IL that involve the great outdoors. Choose from hiking and biking, hot air ballooning, canoeing and kayaking, skiing, golfing, horseback riding, and so much more.
- Get Pampered! One of the main reasons to come on a getaway, after all, is to escape our day-to-day stress. There’s no better way to do that than to give yourself something indulgent to look forward to, like an in-room massage at the best Galena Bed and Breakfast. In an instant, our private guest rooms turn into your own personal spa, where you’ll enjoy a 60 or 90-minute indulgent spa treatment. It doesn’t get much better!
The Best Galena IL Lodging
By now, you should thoroughly be convinced that Galena is the best weekend getaway near Chicago. Now all you have to do is plan your getaway. Step one will be to secure lodging in Galena IL, and for that, you can’t go wrong with our luxury Galena Bed and Breakfast.
We offer guests a prime location, just steps off Galena’s Main Street, and all the luxurious amenities you could possibly want. Each of our guest rooms is well-appointed, and come standard with King beds, Comphy Co. Linens, Aveda toiletries, Kohler Spa bathrooms, a luxury plush robe customed designed with Frette as well as Frette bath towels, a customizable Bluetooth sound system, and so much more.
As if that wasn’t enough, each morning of your day will start with our sensational multi-course breakfasts, made scratch for you each morning in our kitchen. In the afternoons, we offer a sumptuous wine and cheese hour from 5 – 7 pm, along with dessert and yummy treats made fresh daily. You really will want for nothing while you’re staying with us. Go ahead, experience Galena, the best weekend getaway near Chicago. Book your room at the Jail Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast in Galena, IL today!