What’s New at Galena Restaurants This Fall
We’re avid supporters of local businesses, including our incredible slate of Galena IL Restaurants. These small businesses are the backbone of our local economy and support those of us in the tourism sector by providing exceptional things to do and other amenities for our guests. As a relatively small town, you might not expect these restaurants in Galena to pack much of a punch, but we think you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Galena IL Restaurants are as diverse and interesting as the rest of the town. Right now, most of the dining in downtown Galena is taking place outside on the town’s newly-created Pedestrian-friendly zone. But there are also plenty of takeout options from local restaurants as well, which you are more than welcome to bring back to our Galena Bed and Breakfast, where you enjoy your meal in the privacy of your own room or in one of our many common areas, both indoors and out.
This winter, we hope you’ll consider getting out of the city for a few days, where you can sit back, relax, and enjoy the ambiance of beautiful small-town America. Book your room at the country’s #1 Bed and Breakfast, the Jail Hill Inn, today!
The Most Delicious Galena IL Restaurants
If you’ve made the trip to Galena before, you probably don’t find it surprising that it’s one of the top travel destinations in the state of Illinois. There’s something about the welcoming small-town charm and the historic ambiance of this place that stands out as someplace special. Add to that plenty of wonderful things to do and experiences to be had, including dining out at truly exceptional Galena IL restaurants, and you have the perfect recipe for a magical weekend getaway in the midwest.
Every single restaurant in Galena is worth talking about – they each bring something unique and delicious to the table! The fact that our small town has such diversity of flavors is truly remarkable, and a testament to our wonderful small business owners and we know this is highly-appreciated by not just our guests, but everyone who visits Galena throughout the year.
Though we’d like to spend time talking about every restaurant, that might take forever. In the meantime, here’s a list of our top 5 favorite Galena IL restaurants. Let us know if you think any should be added to the list!
- Fritz & Frites has earned the distinction of being our Innkeeper’s favorite place to send guests (and to dine himself). It also just so happens to be rated the #1 Galena IL restaurant! Step inside their charming European-style bistro, and you’ll see why.
- Another Innkeeper favorite is Fried Green Tomatoes, which serves unbeatable steaks. Their wine menu has also earned the stamp of approval from Wine Spectator. Make sure you take advantage of their $3 wine Wednesdays and 50% off all bottles of wine on Fridays.
- The Log Cabin Steakhouse is the oldest and longest-running restaurant in Galena. This Galena restaurant has been serving delicious meals to locals and visitors since first opening its doors in 1935. Their hand-cut steaks and aged Angus beef will not disappoint!
- If you’re looking for a great place to grab lunch, look no further than Big Bills Sandwich Shop and Coffee Bar. They roast the coffee we serve at Jail Hill Inn, which of course is delicious, but they also offer some truly amazing sandwiches served on their freshly baked bread.
- Though Brazen Open Kitchen and Bar isn’t technically in Galena (it’s in neighboring Dubuque), the chef and owner is a Galena native, and we like to support his business, too. In fact, we’re currently working on arranging a special Friday night dinner delivery from Brazen exclusively for guests at Jail Hill Inn!
The #1 Bed and Breakfast in the United States
If you plan to visit these Galena IL Restaurants, you’re probably going to need a place to stay, right? There are no finer places to stay than our Galena Bed and Breakfast, located just steps away from downtown Galena and all of the top shops, restaurants, and activities it has to offer.
Moreover, when you book a room at our Galena Bed and Breakfast, you can do so with confidence that you’re staying at one of the best Bed and Breakfasts possible. We have been rated the #1 and the #3 Bed and Breakfast on TripAdvisor for 2019 and 2020, respectively, and have more than 400 5-star reviews on TripAdvisor, and even more on Google!
Every detail of your stay will be thoughtfully tended to, starting with the chilled champagne and chocolates that will be waiting for you upon arrival in your guest room. It’s little touches like these that set us apart from our competition. Come see why we’re rated as the #1 weekend getaway in the Midwest, and book your room at our Galen Bed and Breakfast today!