If there’s one thing that’s for sure in the Midwest, we love to eat, especially on vacation! And the selection of restaurants in Galena IL is a fantastic place to indulge. You’ll find anything from fast-casual burgers and quick light bites to white tablecloth dining and elegant farm-to-table meals. As a guest at Jail Hill Inn, the premier Galena Bed and Breakfast, you’ll not only be within walking distance to these restaurants in Galena IL but also be treated to one of the best three-course breakfasts every morning of your stay.
Perched on a quiet hill overlooking downtown Galena, our historic Inn is the ideal space to relax and unwind. In 2019, Jail Hill Inn was bestowed the honor of “Best Bed and Breakfast in the World” by TripAdvisor—an award that comes based on guest experience and reviews (of which we have nearly 600 five-star write-ups.) Each of our six beautifully appointed guest suites is a haven of luxury with only the best for every one of our visitors. The restaurants in Galena IL, only add to the opulence of your stay, where you’ll find excellent meals and attentive service.
Head to these Restaurants in Galena IL, for the Best Meals Out
The downtown main street in Galena is perfect for a stroll. In fact, our guests often head out multiple times a day for shopping, dining, and sightseeing before popping back to the Inn to refresh before returning to town for dinner. That is if you still have room after our afternoon wine and cheese tray, delivered right to your door!
- Fritz and Frites: For a mix of German and French fare, this is one of the best restaurants in Galena IL, for a lively dinner of schnitzels, steak frites, and French wine pairings.
- Fried Green Tomatoes: A mainstay in Galena for many years, this classic Italian eatery offers steak dinners, authentic and modern pasta dishes, and a fantastic wine list. Don’t miss their signature starter: fried green tomatoes with red sauce and gooey mozzarella.
- Bread and Vine: One of the only restaurants in Galena IL open seven days a week for both lunch and dinner; this classy French-style cafe is a lovely spot for salads, sandwiches, and entrees. We dare you to walk by the patisserie case without being tempted by one of the beautiful sweets!
- Log Cabin Steakhouse: Sometimes we just crave a martini and a big steak, and you’ll be pleased with the options at this long-time (since 1937!) Galena go-to.
- Little Tokyo Restaurant: This Japanese restaurant is known as one of the best in the Midwest for authentic Asian dishes. Don’t miss the tender marinated Japanese steak teriyaki and creative sushi rolls.
Beautiful Breakfasts at Jail Hill Inn
The mornings are exceptional at our Galena Bed and Breakfast; you’ll wake up refreshed in your king-size bed dressed in fine linens. Head on downstairs to our elegant and spacious dining room, set up with tables for two. Enjoy hot coffee and freshly squeezed juice. The menu changes daily but always includes a fruit course, housemade pastry, and full entree. We’re happy to pack up your leftovers to store in your fridge for a midday snack. Bon appetite!
The Ultimate Romantic Getaway in Galena
The majority of our guests head to our Galena Bed and Breakfast for a special anniversary, birthday, or with romance in mind. Thankfully, the restaurants in Galena IL serve as the perfect place to celebrate, and our Inn is as romantic as they come. You’ll love the privacy of each room; with only two per floor and the unique layout of the space, you won’t even share a wall with another suite. Don’t delay! We have some rare late summer openings; check out the calendar and book today!