We’re Still the Best Galena Bed and Breakfast
Since first opening our Galena Bed and Breakfast in 2015, Jail Hill Inn has enjoyed a number of awards and accolades, including our crowning achievement of being named the #1 Bed and Breakfast in the country, and the #2 Bed and Breakfast in the world, in 2019. Those awards from TripAdvisor led us to our best year on record, and we entered 2020 with a great sense of hope and purpose.
While 2020 has certainly been a challenge, with the COVID-19 pandemic affecting not just our business, but those around the country, we’re still so thrilled to be open and busy welcoming guests this summer. This summer has brought many changes to Jail Hill Inn. We no longer host an afternoon wine and cheese hour, but instead deliver individual trays to your suites each afternoon, our breakfasts are now served at socially distanced tables (or to the privacy of your suite), and masks are required on our property. Moreover, downtown Galena has, at least temporarily, closed down Main Street to vehicle traffic and has moved to dine outdoors onto the new Pedestrian Zone.
It’s been challenging but fun to rise to the occasion and pivot our business model to meet the demands of this pandemic, but it’s also been heart-warming to see how the entire town of Galena has come together and rallied to keep our thriving tourism destination a safe and welcoming space to getaway. In midst of all of this, we’re also incredibly delighted to once again be named at the top of the list of the Best Bed and Breakfasts in the country.
For 2020, our Galena Bed and Breakfast ranks as the #3 B&B in the country, and #11 in the world. It may not be #1 and #2, but we’re still near the top of the list, and that is something we’re incredibly grateful for! If you’re looking for a beautiful, safe, and welcoming getaway anytime in the near or distant future, we hope you’ll consider staying at Jail Hill Inn, so you can see what it’s like to stay at one of the best Inns in the world. Book your room at the Best Bed and Breakfast in Galena today!
Stay at Our Top-Rated Galena Bed and Breakfast
Great getaways really do start with great accommodations, and that is exactly what you’ll find at Jail Hill Inn. We have thought through every detail of your stay to make sure it’s everything you’ve hoped for and more. From the moment you pull up in front of this stunning and historic building, we think you’ll understand just how special the experience of staying here truly is.
If you still need a little more convincing to stay at our top-rated Galena Bed and Breakfast, here are a few of the highlights you’ll enjoy during your stay:
- Each of our 6 guest rooms is uniquely decorated and well-appointed with luxurious touches, each designed with nothing but your comfort in mind. All 6 of our suites offer an unprecedented 800 square-feet of space to relax and unwind in. Beyond just a comfortable bed to sleep in, you’ll enjoy cozy sitting areas and luxurious bathrooms.
- Speaking of our luxurious bathrooms, the amenities here are spectacular. We really have added a touch of luxury to just about every aspect of your stay at our Galena Bed and Breakfast, which means that you’ll find something far more than the “standard” amenities here. This includes things like our custom-designed and super-plush Frette Spa Robes and towels, Aveda personal care products, custom bath salts, Kohler bubble massage tubs or steam showers, and so much more.
- While these amenities are delightful, there’s still more! We also offer a daily tray of goodies delivered to your room each afternoon. Included on these trays are fresh-baked cookies from our kitchen, a rotating assortment of hand-made appetizers, charcuterie, and your choice of wine or sparkling water. We’re no longer offering in-room massages due to COVID restrictions, but we do recommend Galena Day Spa, Stone drift Spa at Eagle Ridge, and Indulge Day Spa.
- Location, location, location! Beyond just having a luxurious place to call home, being situated close to the top attractions is another important piece of a well-planned getaway. Jail Hill Inn is within easy walking distance of everything you could possibly want to do in downtown Galena, including great shopping, delicious restaurants, nightlife, and more.
- Guests also enjoy access to the latest technology, including a Tesla/EV Charging Station, and customizable Bluetooth sound systems and Samsung Smart TVs in your room.
- Start your day off with one of the most delicious breakfasts you’ve ever had. We make a gourmet, multi-course breakfasts for you each morning of our stay, which can be served either in our socially-distanced dining room or delivered hot to your room.
- We love it when guests become a part of our family, which means we love to have you stay with us time and time again. To encourage repeat stays, we offer our Repeat Offender Program – visit us at least 6 times and stay in each of our six distinctive and luxurious suites, and you’ll earn a free two night midweek stay in a suite of choice.
- Galena is a small town, and we absolutely love being a part of this incredible community. We do our part to give back and support Galena. Last year, we developed our Posting Bail Program, which specifically gives part of our proceeds throughout the year back to three local non-profits whom we value greatly.
- Jail Hill Inn is a member of Select Registry, which is a diverse collection of independent, boutique properties that deliver a level of personalized service unheard of at hotel chains.
- We know how much reviews matter when it comes to choosing a place to stay, which is why we’re so proud of our reviews so far. To date, we have almost 500 reviews on TripAdvisor, and every single one of them is a 5-star review. Further, almost all of our 176 Google Reviews are 5-star reviews. If you’re curious to see if our Galena Bed and Breakfast holds up to these sensational reviews, there’s only one way to find out. Book your getaway now!
Things to do in Galena, IL This Fall
Do you need more reasons to visit us in the charming town of Galena, IL? Though the chance to visit our Galena Bed and Breakfast is a great draw to the town, there’s far more to get to know in Galena. In fact, we live in an incredible place – there are so many great things to do in Galena, IL that you’ll never be bored. Fall is a beautiful time of year to be in Galena. Here are some of our favorite ways to enjoy the spectacle of fall in Galena:
- Fly down the zip line with Long Hollow Canopy Tours. You’ll soar high above the tree line across 6 zip lines, and will enjoy the views from up to 75 feet in the air.
- Rent a bike from Fever River Outfitters, then head down the Galena River Trail for a scenic fall ride along the river. Keep going until you reach the beautiful Buehler Preserve. You can also rent a kayak or canoe from them, and take in the view floating down the Galena River.
- Take in the views of the Mississippi River, or better yet, take a river cruise, at Chestnut Mountain Resort.
- Take a scenic drive through the wooded hillsides and lush green valleys of Galena. The winding country roads in this part of Illinois are simply stunning.
- Go apple picking at one of the local orchards including Woodstock’s All Seasons Orchard and Malta’s Jonamac Orchard, both of which feature more than 30 apple varietals and apple-picking by the bag.
- Go wine tasting at our local wineries – fall is harvest season and always a wonderful time to sample the new and delicious wines being produced here.
As we’ve become accustomed to saying over the past year, if there’s something you really want to see or do in Galena, it’s best to book early, and book often. This fall, enjoy a relaxing getaway in the Midwest’s most charming town while you visit our top-rated Galena Bed and Breakfast. Book your rooms at Jail Hill Inn today!