If there’s one thing we do well at our Bed and Breakfast in Illinois, it’s cater to the romantics among us. In fact, romance is at the very heart of everything we do here. Whether it’s in the luxury touches of our spacious guest rooms, our delicious breakfast each morning of your stay, the luxury touches and amenities you’ll enjoy throughout your time with us, or just the private oasis that is our Bed and Breakfast in Illinois, you can be assured that this is one romantic getaway you won’t forget.
And that’s to say nothing about the romantically charming town of Galena itself! This historic little town, just a few hours west of Chicago, seems as though it was built with romantic getaways in mind. There are plenty of romantic things to do in Galena, including wine and other tastings, shopping, romantic dinners, picturesque strolls by the river, and so much more.
Romantic Getaways at our Bed and Breakfast in Illinois
From the moment you drive up the hill and park in front of our 4-story renovated former Jail – now turned luxury Bed and Breakfast in Illinois – you’ll feel as though you’re stepping back in time, to a moment when life was simpler; whimsical, even, and definitely romantic. Not only is our building (and the town as a whole) charmingly historic, but it’s romantic at its very core.
We do our best to create a special ambiance for you, too – one where you’re reminded of just how necessary and special these stolen moments with your special someone still are! As you step through the front doors, you’ll be warmly greeted and shown to your guest room – a spacious 800 square foot oasis that is yours for the duration of your stay. Waiting in the room upon your arrival is a chilled bottle of champagne and a delicious assortment of our custom chocolates.
Once you’re settled in your room, we urge you to snuggle into our custom-designed Frette robes, which will cloak you in the most luxurious softness imaginable. Adjust the custom Bluetooth sound system to your desired background music, turn down the lights, crank up the fireplace, and sink into the luxurious comforts only a Bed and Breakfast in Illinois of our caliber can provide. These are just a few of the amazing amenities we offer!
Each morning of your stay, we’ll treat you to a scrumptious breakfast. Our menu changes often with seasonal and fresh ingredients serving as inspiration. You’re welcome to join us for a socially distanced breakfast in the dining room, or, if you’d rather, we’ll bring the entire spread up to you to be enjoyed in the comfort and privacy of your guest room.
And, in the afternoon, we’ll repeat this hospitality by bringing you a delicious selection of charcuterie and appetizers – and freshly baked cookies! – along with your own personally chosen selection of wine. Tuck into these treats right away, or save them for a late-night snack – whatever fits your style!
As if all of that weren’t enough to spur you to action in planning your romantic getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in Illinois – perhaps this will be: When lit up at night, our exterior lights reflect on the brick facade in a way to create a heart. This was not intentional, but it definitely reflects the romantic nature of our Inn.
Our favorite Romantic Things to do in Galena IL
In a place with so much history and charm, it probably comes as no surprise that there are plenty of romantic things to do in Galena IL, from the cozy winter season to the action-packed summer! Here are just a few of our favorite romantic things to do in Galena this winter:
- Try out all of the delicious tastings in downtown Galena, ranging from our local wines, cheeses, and meats to a delicious assortment of popcorn and candies.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner for two! There are plenty of great local restaurants to choose from, but we’ve made it even easier to enjoy takeout at the Inn by partnering with Brazen Open Kitchen and Bar in Dubuque for Friday Night Delivery!
- Take a romantic stroll down the Galena River Trail, or through one of the popular Jo Daviess Conservation Foundation Properties like Horseshoe Mound.
- Drive through the scenic countryside, visiting the quaint towns of Illinois’ driftless area along the way!
- Have a little fun in the snow! Head to the Nordic Center at Eagle Ridge Resort for outdoor ice skating, cross country skiing and snowshoeing, or sledding. You can even try your hand at skijoring–a cross between cross-country skiing and dog-sledding! There’s also great skiing at Chestnut Mountain Resort.
This romantic getaway and everything it entails can be yours with a few clicks of your mouse! Book your incredible getaway at our Bed and Breakfast in Illinois today!