Though it’s certainly hard to believe, Labor Day is just around the corner and another summer is coming to a close in the beautiful town of Galena. Soon, we’ll be looking for beautiful fall foliage and bracing for another winter. But, in Galena, any time of year is a wonderful time to getaway. Galena, located not too far from some of the Midwest’s largest cities, is the perfect place to escape from it all. There are plenty of exciting activities to enjoy, charming stores to shop, and delicious restaurants to savor. Relax in our comfortable accommodations, and discover the best of Galena this summer. Book your room today!
Galena’s Top Restaurants
Everywhere you look in Galena, you’ll enjoy its idyllic setting and laid back atmosphere. The rolling hills of Galena are perfect for capturing moments of laughter and romance. Galena is the perfect town for those who enjoy shopping, hiking, biking, kayaking, wine tasting, ballooning, and so much more. After you’ve worked up an appetite exploring Galena, wind down and relax at one of Galena’s many wonderful restaurants. Many of them are family-owned and operated, and it’s not uncommon to find owners personally attending to guests and sharing their love for food and drink. Here are 5 great restaurants to try next time you’re here:
- Fritz & Frites: This Innkeeper favorite, and the #1 ranked Galena Restaurant on Tripadvisor, is a delicious combination of French and German classics in a charming European-style bistro.
- Little Tokyo: Little Tokyo is Galena’s first Japanese restaurant, and is located in a beautiful, authentic Japanese environment on Main Street. Their unique menu features fresh, seasonal fare that compliments an extensive range of high quality sushi and sashimi. They also have an exquisite sake menu worth sampling.
- Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub & Grill: The Pub is always a great place to visit. It is Galena’s premier live entertainment venue, and boasts an energetic atmosphere filled with music and laughter. The Pub’s ornate interior was designed and handcrafted in Ireland, and the delicious food is served at an incredible value.
- Log Cabin Steakhouse: Of all of Galena’s restaurants, the Log Cabin Steakhouse is the oldest and longest running. It first opened in 1935, and has been serving hand-cut aged Angus beef and other specialties ever since.
- Fried Green Tomatoes: This Galena staple serves unbeatable steaks and has an extensive Wine Spectator Award-winning wine menu. Outstanding service and an inviting atmosphere combine to make this charming restaurant a must in downtown Galena. Guests love to take advantage of $3 wine Wednesdays and 50% off all bottles of Wine on Fridays.
After you’ve filled up with a delicious meal, come back to the Jail Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast for the best night of sleep you’ll have away from home. Our luxurious Inn is housed in a fully renovated and historic building, complete with amenities that will delight our guests. Book your stay at Galena’s best Bed and Breakfast today!