Get Outdoors in Galena This Summer
If you’re looking for a quick getaway with a little outdoor adventure this summer, Jail Hill Inn is the place to be. Whether you want to enjoy a leisurely day on the water, a quiet day in nature, or an adventurous day on the trails, Galena has something for everyone. The rolling hills and rising bluffs offer plenty of breathtaking scenery to enjoy, setting the perfect stage for an unforgettable getaway. When it’s time to recover from a day of adventure, the Jail Hill Inn offers the perfect respite. Our luxury accommodations, a complimentary wine and cheese hour each afternoon, and exceptional service make our Inn the perfect choice for lodging in Galena. Get outdoors this summer, and book your getaway today.
10 Ways to Enjoy the Outdoors in Galena
Whether you’re a thrill seeker or just looking to enjoy Galena’s natural beauty, there are a number of fun things to do in the area. Get outdoors with one of these 10 great suggestions.
- Take a hike! There are plenty of trails in the area, including those at Apple River Canyon State Park, Buehler Preserve, Casper Bluff Land & Water Reserve, Horseshoe Mound Preserve, Hanover Bluff State Natural Area, and the Galena River Trail.
- Take a scenic bike ride along the Galena River Trail, at Casper Bluff Preserve, or any of the quiet country roads around Galena.
- Take a gentle kayak down the Galena River, or go boating/fishing on the mighty Mississippi. Public boat launches are available, and kayak rentals are available through Fever River Outfitters.
- Go Ziplining with Long Hollow Canopy Tours, at points soaring over 75 feet in the air.
- Take a relaxing nature walk and go birdwatching at Galena’s many natural areas. Popular places include Horseshoe Mound Preserve, Iris and Jack Witkowsky State Wildlife Area, Rall Woods State Natural Area, and the Valley of Eden Bird Sanctuary.
- There are plenty of places to drop a line and go fishing for the day. Galena Fly Fishing Outfitters offers guided fly fishing for wild brown and brook trout, as well as native smallmouth bass.
- Go hot air ballooning, where you can take in incredible vistas, timed perfectly for the fiery, golden hues of sunset. Galena on the Fly offers balloon rides from dawn to dusk and is an incredible way to enjoy Galena’s beautiful outdoors.
- There are over 10 golf courses to enjoy in the Galena area, where the scenery is just as good, if not better than the golf.
- Take a guided cruise on the Mississippi River, where you’ll view wildlife, learn a bit of the area’s history, see geographical curiosities, and glimpse the breathtaking riverscapes.
- Sit out on a back patio at Jail Hill Inn, and enjoy a relaxing afternoon under the Galena sun!
Galena is a veritable playground during the summer months, with much to do see and do than the few things listed here! Come stay with us at the country’s #1 Bed and Breakfast, and get to know Galena for yourself. Before you know it, you’ll be a regular at the Jail Hill Inn Bed and Breakfast. Book your room today!