A Magical Winter Getaway in Galena
Countless couples over the years have been witness to the magical ambiance of Galena in the Winter time. There is truly something special about it here. Glistening white snow covers the ground, old-world architecture stands stately, couples stroll hand and hand through our picturesque winter wonderland, and cozy fires are ablaze in businesses and homes around town. Guests from all over come for skiing, snowboarding, sleigh rides, candlelit hikes, and romantic dinners. What’s more, Galena offers an incredible range of shops, art galleries, spas, and live entertainment to fill your days and nights. The offseason is special, and Valentine’s Day is coming up just around the corner. The Jail Hill Inn still has some availability for the surrounding weekends, but we will soon sell out. Book your getaway now, and see why we say you’ll always want to return, and you’ll never want to leave.
Getaway to Galena This Winter
The quiet, slower pace during an offseason in Galena is part of makes a winter getaway here so special. Soon, the crowds will begin to pick up again, and the unique sense of calm Galena enjoys during the winter will transition once again into a gentle, excited buzz. Take the time to escape to Galena now, and indulge in the town’s restful, romantic atmosphere. You may not want to leave the luxurious ambiance of our Inn once you’re here, but when you do, here are our favorite suggestions during these winter months:
- Shop the more than 101 unique and independently owned shops along main street, offering everything from crafts to vintage clothing to fine chocolates.
- There are several wonderful Art Galleries nestled along Main Street as well, and are a visual treat as you make your way through downtown.
- Guests visiting Galena frequently enjoy live music at The Cornerstone, Miss Kitty’s Grape Escape and Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub & Grill. The P.T. Murphy Magic Theater is also a wonderful place to go for an entertaining night out.
- Visit a local spa, or indulge in an onsite massage, now offered at the Jail Hill Inn.
- Choose from over 30 restaurants, featuring an incredible range of foods, from farm-to-table or gluten-free to simple, delicious menus in charming, romantic settings. Our Innkeepers tried and true favorites are the Log Cabin Steakhouse, Fritz & Frites, and Fried Green Tomatoes.
- Enjoy a glass of wine, beer, or spirits together. Galena Cellars, named the best winery in the state of Illinois in 2016, has a tasting room right on Main Street, just minutes from our Bed and Breakfast. Beer Lovers will find what they’re looking for at Galena Brewing Co., or you can visit Blaum Bros. Distilling Co. for daily tours and tastings of the premium whiskey, vodka, gin and more.
- January and February are prime months for Eagle Watching along the Mississippi River. The Eagle Nature Foundation is offering Eagle Watching Bus Tours. It’s a fantastic way to get some fresh air and enjoy these majestic birds.
Come stay with us this winter. We have no doubt you’ll want to return again and again to enjoy the special charm that can only be found at the Jail Hill Inn. Our luxurious Bed and Breakfast is the newest lodging property in Galena, and is the perfect choice for your accommodations. We offer a luxurious king size bed with fine linens and pillows, ornate gas fireplaces, Kohler bathrooms with either a steam shower or bubble massage tub and so much more. Come get cozy with us this winter. You won’t regret it!