Holiday Events and Celebrations in Galena
Galena’s event calendar is often packed around the holidays, and this year it’s no different. At Jail Hill Inn, we’re gearing up for another exciting and busy holiday season, and hope you find time in your busy schedule to come visit us. Galena is truly a magical holiday destination that you must see at least once in your lifetime.
The first of many fantastic holiday events this year starts this upcoming weekend with Galena’s 33rd Annual Nouveau Wine Weekend. The Nouveau Wine Weekend is a celebration of the year’s harvest, and features the release of Galena Cellar’s first bottled wine of the year.
More Holiday Events to See in Galena
We can think of no better place to spend some time this holiday season than Galena. Galena has it all. It’s a quiet escape designed for relaxation, but also has fantastic shopping, dining, and entertainment. Behind it all, you’ll enjoy the gentle spirit of an old-fashioned Christmas that permeates the air this time of year. Let Galena’s garland-lined main street captivate your spirit, and then join in the excitement with these extraordinary holiday events this year:
- The Festival of Trees kicks off the holiday season over Thanksgiving Weekend, and is followed by the Old Fashioned Christmas in Galena and Tree Lighting Ceremony on Main Street.
- Catch the Train in Galena, a holiday-themed train display at the Galena Center for the Arts
- This year’s Best of Galena Progressive Dinner, which features dessert at Jail Hill Inn, still has a few tickets available! Act fast, and join us for this wonderful holiday tradition on December 2, 2017.
- Also happening on December 2 is the annual Holiday Fire in the Sky fireworks show.
- On December 9th experience once of the most beautiful nights of the year in Galena; The Night of the Luminaria and Living Window Display. On this beautiful night, Galena’s streets and sidewalks are lined with nearly 5,000 candle-lit luminaries, and storefront windows are filled with holiday scenes sure to delight everyone.
Other fun ways to enjoy the holidays in Galena include:
- Sleigh rides at Shenandoah Riding Center
- Wine tasting at Galena Cellars or other regional wineries
- Check items off your Christmas List on Galena’s Helluva Half Mile
- A luxurious in-room massage at Jail Hill Inn
There’s no better way to start off the holiday season than by booking a getaway to our stunning Bed and Breakfast. Christmas in Galena is a magical celebration unique to us. Book your getaway today, and celebrate Christmas with these extraordinary holiday events.