If you’re looking for an exciting winter getaway destination with just the right touch of luxurious pampering, you’ve found it in our Galena Bed and Breakfast. There are so many fantastic things to do in Galena Illinois, even during the coldest months of the year. From great shopping in downtown Galena to skiing at Chestnut mountain resort, you won’t be bored for a second of your time here. It’s all made better by the luxurious accommodations at our #1-rated Galena Bed and Breakfast.
Jail Hill Inn, voted the BEST Bed and Breakfast in the country, is the best place to base your Galena getaway this winter. Our accommodations are gorgeous, the hospitality is top-notch, and we’ll keep you fed and happy throughout your stay. Moreover, we’re conveniently located in downtown Galena, making our Galena Bed and Breakfast the perfect headquarters for all the best things to do in Galena Illinois this winter.
Whether you love getting out and celebrating the arrival of chilly winter weather or this season means more cozy days inside by the fire reading a book, you can find everything you’re looking for at our Galena Bed and Breakfast. From near and far, our guests continue to rave about their experience here – not to mention in the town of Galena itself. See it for yourself this winter, and book a room at the #1 Bed and Breakfast in Galena today!
Best Things to do in Galena Illinois This Winter
There’s plenty to love about Galena during every season of the year – it’s genuinely an exciting four-season destination. Though it may not seem like it at first glance, there are plenty of fantastic things to do in Galena Illinois in the winter. In fact, you’d really be missing out if all you did was visit Galena during the busy summer and fall months.
Not only does our exceptional Galena Bed and Breakfast get all dressed up for the holidays, but so does downtown Galena. There are plenty of fantastic festive events throughout the holiday season, and there’s always great shopping throughout the year. If you enjoy snow sports, there are plenty of those here, too. In short, there are plenty of things to do in Galena Illinois in the winter to keep you as busy as you want.
Of course, we also recognize that winter is the perfect season to stay indoors and get cozy with your sweetheart – and we’re happy to accommodate that, too. There’s no place more suited for romantic one-on-one time than our #1 Galena Bed and Breakfast. For those few moments here and there when you want to get outside to do something, here are some of our favorite things to do in Galena Illinois in the winter.
- Snow lovers, don’t miss your chance to hit the slopes at the small but charming Chestnut Mountain Resort. It’s one of the more popular things to do in Galena Illinois in the winter, and with 19 ski runs and gorgeous views of the Mississippi River, it’s easy to see why.
- If downhill skiing isn’t your style, a great alternative is the Nordic Center at Eagle Ridge Resort, where you’ll find top-rated activities like ice skating, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, and more. This is definitely one of the most popular things to do in Galena Illinois, for those who love adventure.
- One of the most beautiful things to do in Galena this winter is to enjoy a walk through Galena’s winter wonderland. The Casper Bluff Preserve, Buehler Preserve, and the Galena River Trail are popular places to go. You can also snowshoe at these destinations when there’s snow on the ground.
- Mississippi Palisades State Park is wonderful to watch the annual eagle migration. Peak times to see them are mid-January through February.
- Not a fan of the cold? Don’t worry! Plenty of things to do in Galena Illinois don’t involve time spent outdoors. Consider wine tasting at Galena Cellars and Massbach Ridge Winery, which both have tasting rooms in downtown Galena.
- Speaking of downtown Galena, don’t miss your chance to cross off some of those names on your holiday shopping lists! Shopping in downtown Galena is one of the top-rated things to do in Galena, Illinois – and with so many independent boutiques and galleries, it’s easy to see why.
- Don’t forget to make plans to wine and dine your sweetheart at the Best restaurants in Galena – all of which are within easy walking distance of our Galena Bed and Breakfast.
- One of the best things to do in Galena Illinois in the winter is to attend one of the area’s many fantastic events. Popular ones include the Holiday House Walk, Holiday Fire in the Sky, Night of the Luminaria and Living Windows, Snowflakes & Sweets Stroll, the Chocolate Lovers Stroll, the Winter Carnival Weekend, and more.
Warm Up at the Best Galena Bed and Breakfast
While there are so many wonderful things to do in Galena Illinois this winter, it’s also a delightful season to sit back, relax, and enjoy a bit of quality downtime. Jail Hill Inn has been rated as the Bed and Breakfast in Galena since opening in 2015 – but you don’t just have to take our word for it. Our 600+ all 5-star reviews speak volumes – and we’d love nothing more than to share the experience of our Galena Bed and Breakfast with you this winter.
Our Galena Bed and Breakfast is housed in a historic building, formerly the town Jail, and offers just six guest rooms. You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more inviting place to sink into this winter, or really, any time of year. Each spacious suite offers more than 800 square feet of space with a bedroom, separate bathroom, and living room. They are each uniquely decorated, offering you six extraordinary experiences in the heart of Galena.
From the moment you step through our door, you’ll see why so many return to our Galena Bed and Breakfast time and time again. From the warm welcome you receive upon check-in to the chilled bottle of champagne and custom-made chocolates in your room, we’ve tended to every detail of your stay to ensure you enjoy every second of your time at our Bed and Breakfast in Galena.
Each morning, we’ll treat you to a sensational three-course breakfast, and in the afternoon, we’ll treat you to a sumptuous selection of wine, charcuterie, and house-made appetizers. Guests often tell us they don’t need to eat much else outside of these two meals – but don’t tell our local Galena restaurants that! We’ve designed the guest experience so that you feel pampered from start to finish.
There’s nothing more magical than a getaway to Galena this winter, particularly when you stay at our Galena Bed and Breakfast. Have a little fun this season with us and enjoy these fantastic things to do in Galena Illinois – in between relaxing at our Inn, of course. Book your room at our #1-rated Galena Bed and Breakfast today!