Sometimes, it’s hard to get away and maintain your New Years Resolutions – especially at a place like our Galena Bed and Breakfast, where food is a central part of your stay! It’s possible, though!
You’ll be served a breakfast every morning of your stay, but we’re happy to take requests and cater to your needs however possible. And, yes, we’ll also serve you a yummy tray of wine & snacks in the afternoon, which includes delicious charcuterie from our friends at Galena River Wine & Cheese. But that can be saved and eaten at your leisure throughout your stay – and maybe even turned into part of a light dinner!
Aside from the food, though, Galena is a great place to get away for some restorative “you” time. When it comes to getting some exercise, there’s plenty of that here, too! We’d love to share Galena with you this winter AND help you stick to your New Year’s Resolutions, all while ensuring you’re being taken care of. There’s nothing quite like a getaway to Jail Hill Inn. Book your getaway at our Galena Bed and Breakfast today!
Start the New Year at our Galena Bed and Breakfast
One of the best things about Galena is the quaint and quiet atmosphere of our historic town. It’s a great place to escape the busy pace of today’s world. What makes a stay in this historic town even better is the opportunity to stay at our #1 rated best Galena Bed and Breakfast. The chance to stay at Jail Hill Inn is a coveted experience, and one that will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to tackle whatever lies ahead for 2021.
Galena also happens to be a great place to stick to your New Year’s Resolutions. Whether you vowed to get outside for more exercise or to take plenty of “you time” over the course of the year, you’ll love just how transformative a stay with us can be. What’s more, there’s no shortage of fun things to do in Galena IL, and that includes things that will keep you moving and having fun. Here are just a few of our ideas:
- Get out for a walk on the Galena River Trail – it’s just steps from our Inn, and meanders along the beautiful Galena River. It’s our favorite trail for walking, bike riding, and more. When it snows, the trail is also great for cross country skiing!
- Head to one of the many Jo Daviess Conservation Foundation properties, like Horseshoe Mound Reserve. These properties are near and dear to our heart, and something we love sharing with guests at our Galena Bed and Breakfast.
- Do something a little bit different, and take a walk with some local resident goats. Hoof It Galena offers an excellent and fun way to get outside and keep those resolutions!
- If something a bit more fast-paced is your style, there are some great ski runs waiting for you at Chestnut Mountain Resort! During the summer, it’s open for hiking, mountain biking, and more, too!
- Head to Eagle Ridge Resort’s Nordic Center for some ice skating, cross country skiing, sledding, or snowshoeing.
Take Care of Yourself at our Galena Bed and Breakfast
We think the most critical thing you can do for yourself in 2021 is to take good care of yourself – and that is something we can help you with at our Galena Bed and Breakfast. With just 6 guest rooms, each a spacious suite outfitted with luxurious linens and high-end amenities, you won’t be surrounded by large crowds or a busy hotel atmosphere.
Instead, you’ll be swept away by the quiet, romantic ambiance of our #1-rated Galena Bed and Breakfast. It’s the perfect place to enjoy a bit of pampering while curled up in our cozy custom-designed and luxuriously soft Frette bathrobes in front of our gas fireplaces, with the gentle sounds of whatever music you want drifting in from our customizable Bluetooth sound system.
As mentioned earlier, breakfast is made fresh for you daily. You can either enjoy it in our socially distanced dining room with other guests, or you can request that it be delivered to your guest room. You don’t need to take off the bathrobe all weekend if you don’t want to, but if and when you do, the rest of Galena will be waiting!
What are you waiting for? Book a room at our luxury Galena Bed and Breakfast this winter, and let us show you just how great a getaway can be.