Jail Hill Inn Wellbeing Efforts
We are so pleased to welcome you back to Jail Hill Inn. We want to assure you that our number one priority is the health and safety of our guests and team. Please review information about some changes you can expect when you arrive and during your stay at the Inn.
General Property Information
- The property has been deep cleaned and sanitized. We are maintaining a schedule of multiple sanitation cleanings daily to ensure safe and comfortable environments for our guests and team, including high touch surfaces (door knobs, hand rails, etc.)
- A Touchless Hand Sanitizer Station has been installed in the lobby area, and hand sanitizer on each each floor and we have added hand sanitizing wipes and spray to each room for guests’ personal use.
- Social Distance when you are in any common areas indoors and on the staircases when other guests are near
- Masks are available upon request or as needed determined by the Innkeeper.
- The health of our team members is being carefully monitored. Any staff member that shows any COVID-19 Symptoms will be asked to leave, contact their doctor and self quarantine as needed. We will be taking temperatures of staff members before each shift.
- All Suites have had books and magazines removed, decorative throw blankets, pillows removed and other frequent touch items removed. . Bed pillows, comforter and decorative bed scarf that remains have been washed or flashed in the dryer with high heat for at least 10 minutes to ensure safety.
- Check-In Time is 4pm. At this time, early arrivals and access to the building may be limited and our front door may be locked throughout the day. If you arrive and the door is locked, we will be alerted via a front door camera and will greet you as soon as we can. If you arrive and another couple is being checked in, feel free to wait in our Lounge area just off of the lobby or outdoors on our bench or patio, while social distancing. Check-in will be expedited to accommodate minimal contact, and the innkeeper may be reached by phone, text, email at any time for additional assistance.
- For a completely contactless check-in, please phone or text the Innkeeper at (815)777-3000 prior to your arrival and we are delighted to assist and make sure everything is all setup for a “self check-in” and also a “self check-out”
- Please let the Innkeeper know if you need assistance with luggage to your suite and we will be happy to wear gloves and carry you luggage upstairs
- If you determine that you may have any symptoms of illness prior or during your stay and need to depart early, please let the Innkeeper know and we are happy to discuss a possible credit toward a future stay
- We want to provide you the highest level of service and attention, but we understand if you prefer to limit staff members entering your room.
- We understand some of you may not want to share your space with others once you arrive, so we will stock your room appropriately for the entire stay. Upon arrival, we will discuss options for additional requests and towel, garbage, breakfast and cheese tray exchanges.
- Please text the Innkeeper at 815-777-3000 for specific needs in your suite during your stay
- All procedure are subject to change based on guidance from the CDC and applicable governmental authorities.
Breakfast & Afternoon Wine & Cheese ReceptionWe are now offering contactless breakfast delivery to your suite each morning. The breakfast will include all three courses at once with coffee, juice and bottled water and will be set outside your door on a tray stand between 9am-10am and we will knock on the door and then leave. You are welcome to take the tray and the tray stand into your suite and enjoy in the your room or take outdoors onto the patio or deck and enjoy. Please let the innkeeper know any specific preferences with breakfast, etc. and we are delighted to accommodate as best we can
- When complete, please set the breakfast tray and stand with the used dishes and we will collect it.
- We are still offering breakfast socially distanced in the dining room between 9-10am and if you would prefer that, please let the Innkeeper know.
- Wine and Cheese Reception: We will be offering our nightly wine and cheese reception delivered to your door between 4pm-5pm each day. We will have a personal tray of meat, cheeses, crackers and appetizers that will be packaged or wrapped and will include wine or sparkling water. We will determine your preferences and any dietary considerations when you check in.
- You are welcome to take that cheese tray and enjoy outdoors on the deck or patio while socially distancing from other guests.
- Please set your cheese tray outside your room when complete so we can collect and properly sanitize it
Departures & Retail Purchases
- Check out is 12pm and there is no formal check out needed. Your credit card, gift certificate, etc. will have been handled when you checked in and an email receipt will be sent to you automatically. Please leave your room key in your room so it can be properly sanitized.
- Upon departure, your suite will be locked and sealed for 24hrs before we enter and clean the space
- If you wish to make any retail purchases you can text the Innkeeper at 815-777-3000 or connect directly with the Innkeeper and he will handle your purchases.
We appreciate your support and care during this unique time as we learn things together. If you have any questions or any concerns at all before, during or after your stay please reach out to me directly. We will get through this and be stronger because of it.
All my best,