Raspberry Almond Dove Chocolate Cookies
These delicious cookies are a Jail Hill Inn favorite!
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 40 Cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter Softened
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Almond Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup white sugar for decoration
- 40 pieces Dove Milk Chocolates unwrapped
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar For topping drizzle
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liquor (or milk to substitute) For topping drizzle
- 4 teaspoons raspberry jam For topping drizzle
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract For topping drizzle
In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, 1/2 cup white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Blend in the egg and 1 teaspoon almond extract. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Cover dough and refrigerate for at least one hour, or until easy to handle.
Preheat the oven to 325 Degrees F. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, roll the balls in the remaining white sugared. Place the balls two inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake cookies for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. While hot from the oven, immediately press a Dove chocolate into the center of each one. Remove from the cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
In a small bowl, mix together the confectioner’s sugar, raspberry liquor, raspberry jam and 1/4 teaspoon almond extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies