These 10 Galena Restaurants Will Need Your Support in 2020
Travel probably isn’t at the forefront of your mind right now, with a global pandemic and all that is has brought with it impacting everyday life. However, we know that small businesses like ours and other local Galena Restaurants are going to need your support as we reopen. In fact, they will need your support like never before, and we think it’s important we talk about them and do whatever we can to support them.
Though the pandemic is far from over, and its impact will be felt for quite some time to come, we are starting to see glimmers of hope here in Galena. We’re hoping to be open again to our guests soon, and when that happens, we hope you’ll join us in turning out to support all of the small businesses that make Galena wonderful.
As shuttered businesses begin to reopen and the travel restrictions begin to ease, we urge you to support all of our local businesses, including this list of the best Galena restaurants, as often as you can. We truly can’t wait to see you this summer and fall. Book your room at the country’s #1 Bed and Breakfast, the Jail Hill Inn, today!
10 Delicious Galena Restaurants to Keep Supporting
Galena is one of the top travel destinations in the state of Illinois and is one of the best weekend getaways in the midwest. It’s long been a destination for romantics at heart looking to have some special time carved out with their loved ones, and it’s known for its quaint and historic character. Galena also happens to be a town filled to the brim with wonderful attractions and activities, and truly offers something for everyone.
Though we’re limiting our list to just 10 Galena restaurants, there really are far more than 10 local establishments that are worth supporting this summer. Every single business in town is worth supporting, so we can ensure our town remains a diverse and highly-appreciated destination by the millions that come here. Even so, here are 10 of the Galena restaurants that we hear about from guests the most:
- Fritz & Frites has earned the distinction of being our Innkeeper’s favorite place to send guests (and to dine himself). It also just so happens to be rated the #1 restaurant in Galena, and it’s thanks to their delicious combination of French and German classics. Step inside their charming European-style bistro, and you’ll feel like you’re on a vacation away from your vacation!
- Fried Green Tomatoes serves unbeatable steaks, and their wine menu has earned the stamp of approval from Wine Spectator. They also offer exceptional service, and the ambiance enjoyed by diners makes this gem a “must” in Galena. If you’re in town for it, make sure you take advantage of their $3 wine Wednesdays and 50% off all bottles of wine on Fridays.
- Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub & Grill is a happening place, and one of the best places to go to if you want live music and entertainment while you dine. The environment here is lively and fun, and the interior of this beautiful space was handcrafted in Ireland!
- The Log Cabin Steakhouse is the oldest and longest-running restaurant in Galena. This Galena restaurant has been serving delicious meals to locals and visitors since first opening its doors in 1935. Their hand-cut steaks and aged Angus beef will not disappoint!
- Even in Galena, you can find delicious sushi. Head to Little Tokyo’s and enjoy authentic Japanese ambiance and a delicious range of high-quality sushi and sashimi. Don’t forget to pair a little bit of sake with your meal–it’s all a part of the experience at this charming place.
- If you’re in the mood for a burger, then you’ll want to head to Durty Gurts. Their boozy milkshakes make a pretty great accompaniment, too!
- Imported deli items and good Italian food are what Vinny Vanucchi’s has in store for you. They also have an exceptional selection of wine and a charming patio for outdoor dining.
- The Market House Restaurant is one of the many hidden gems of Galena, serving up some delicious homestyle food. Like much of the reset of Galena, this restaurant is quaint, it’s cozy, and the service is outstanding.
- If you’re looking for a great place to grab lunch, look no further than Big Bills Sandwich Shop and Coffee Bar. They roast the coffee we serve at Jail Hill Inn, which of course is delicious, but they also offer some truly amazing sandwiches served on their freshly baked bread.
- Though Brazen Open Kitchen and Bar isn’t technically in Galena (it’s in neighboring Dubuque), the chef and owner is a Galena native, and we had planned to partner with them for a special dinner at Jail Hill Inn (just this week, in fact). We’ve had to cancel our dinner, but definitely hope it’s rescheduled in the future, which means we need to do our part to support this exceptional establishment.
While we (not so patiently) wait for all of Galena’s restaurants to reopen to the public, know that many of them are offering takeout and/or delivery. If you’re in the area, make sure you order out as often as possible.
The #1 Bed and Breakfast in the United States
Though it’s been a while since we were ranked the #1 Bed and Breakfast in the country (and the #2 Bed and Breakfast in the world), we think it bears repeating, especially as you start to consider travel destinations in the near future. Knowing that we have more than 400 5-star reviews (and nearly 200 on Google) will hopefully put your mind at ease.
Hundreds of people have stayed at our Galena Bed and Breakfast before you and found it worthy of such a high rating. Many of those people have been repeating guests in past years, too! When you book a guest room at our Galena Bed and Breakfast, do it with confidence that you’re staying at one of the finest properties around. Not only do we tend to every detail of your stay, but we offer exceptionally clean and safe accommodations and a much smaller crowd than you’d find at traditional hotels and larger chain properties.
Our small boutique size and exceptional hospitality are just a couple of things that set us apart from our competition. For the rest, well, you’ll just have to see it for yourself. We’re looking forward to your continued support just as much as these Galena restaurants. Book a room this summer or fall, and come experience a life of luxury at our Galena Bed and Breakfast.