These are Galena’s Best Restaurants to Try in 2019
Though it’s certainly hard to believe with all of the snow and cold weather we’ve had lately, spring really isn’t too far away. That means it’s time to plan for all of those spring and even summer getaways. With all of the wonderful press and positive news coming from Jail Hill Inn lately about being rated Trip Advisor’s #1 Bed and Breakfast in the Country, we’ve had an incredible surge in advanced bookings. Our most popular spring, summer, and even fall weekends are starting to book up, and we’re even seeing an increase in midweek bookings. When you visit us, you’ll find there are plenty of exciting activities to enjoy, charming shops to explore, and a variety of delicious restaurants to savor. Relax in our comfortable accommodations, and discover the best of Galena this spring or summer. Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast today!
Delicious Restaurants to Try in Galena
Galena has a lot of things going for it, but the best things about Galena are its picturesque beauty, the quaint, small town charm, and its laid back character. It’s almost like you’ve stepped back in time, into another world. Whether you enjoy shopping, hiking, biking, kayaking, wine tasting, hot air ballooning, or something else entirely different, there’s no doubt you’ll find something about Galena to love. In the evenings, when you’re ready to wind down and relax, Galena offers a tantalizing and surprising selection of delicious restaurants for such a small town. Here are 5 great restaurants to try during your getaways to Galena over the course of 2019:
- Fritz & Frites: This local gem is our Innkeeper’s favorite place to send guests (and to dine himself when he has the time), and it’s also the #1 ranked restaurant on TripAdvisor. They serve up a delicious combination of French and German classics, and to top it all off, they are located in a charming European-style bistro.
- Fried Green Tomatoes: This Galena staple serves unbeatable steaks and has an extensive Wine Spectator Award-winning wine menu. Outstanding service and an inviting atmosphere combine to make this charming restaurant a must in downtown Galena. Guests love to take advantage of $3 wine Wednesdays and 50% off all bottles of Wine on Fridays.
- Frank O’Dowd’s Irish Pub & Grill: The Pub is always a great place to visit. It is Galena’s premier live entertainment venue, and its lively atmosphere practically guarantees you’ll have a good time. An interesting fact about the Pub’s ornate interior: It was designed and handcrafted in Ireland!
- Log Cabin Steakhouse: The Log Cabin Steakhouse is the oldest and longest running restaurant in Galena, opening its doors to the public for the first time in 1935. Since then, it has been service some of the best hand-cut and aged Angus beef and other specialties in town.
- Little Tokyo: Little Tokyo is Galena’s first Japanese restaurant, and is housed in a beautiful, authentic Japanese ambiance on Main Street. Their offer a delicious variety of seasonal fare and an extensive range of high quality sushi and sashimi. They also have an exquisite sake menu worth sampling.
Don’t forget, Jail Hill Inn also offers a delicious afternoon Wine and Cheese Reception from 4 – 8 P.M. every day, which is the perfect way to pass those later afternoon/early evening hours before dinner. After a relaxing evening in downtown Galena, make your way back to Jail Hill Inn for the best night of sleep you’ll have away from home. Our luxury suites and amenities are carefully curated, with nothing but your comfort in mind. Book your stay at the #1 best Bed and Breakfast today!