A Bed and Breakfast, or a Vacation Rental?
Staying at vacation rentals such as AirBnB or VRBO have become an increasingly popular option for travelers. While there are certainly circumstances where these types of vacation rentals can be ideal, the next time you want to visit Galena, try staying at our traditional Bed and Breakfast instead. Staying at a local Bed and Breakfast will give you a truly distinctive experience that is reflective of your destination. Let us show you how great a stay at a Bed and Breakfast can be. Book your next vacation at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in the charming and beautiful town of Galena, Illinois.
Why Stay at a Bed and Breakfast?
Staying at a Bed and Breakfast can be the perfect alternative to traditional hotels and vacation rentals. From amenities offered to cost and location, Bed and Breakfasts offer many benefits and attractions that can’t always be found elsewhere. For example, many Bed and Breakfasts are situated in historic homes, each with their own unique sense of character, period furnishings, and marvelous architecture. Take, for example, the Jail Hill Inn. Our Inn is situated in a thoughtfully and extensively renovated former County Jail here in Galena. Elements like the original wooden beams and vaulted ceilings on the 4th floor, sections of the original concrete floor, the 14-foot curved brick ceiling on the second floor, and 23 of the original 9-foot tall windows stand as stunning reminders of Galena’s historic past. Here are 8 more reasons to consider staying at a Bed and Breakfast the next time you travel:
- Most of the time, you’ll enjoy cost savings. Many Bed and Breakfasts offer rates that are competitive with and more affordable than traditional hotels and comparable AirBnB properties.
- Breakfast is always included in the price of your stay. There’s nothing better than waking up to a fresh breakfast, made with local ingredients and enjoyed around a table with friends, both new and old.
- Bed and Breakfasts are often designed with romance in mind, and most Inns offer romantic packages and extra amenities to make your stay even better.
- Innkeepers specialize in individualized service. Innkeepers often act as the receptionist, the chef, the concierge, the cleaning service, and the bell hop all rolled into one. Not only that, but their local knowledge is incomparable.
- The amenities are as good as, if not better than, traditional hotels and AirBnB’s. Many Bed and Breakfasts offer complimentary ‘extras’ as well, such as afternoon wine and cheese, games to play, and so on.
- Bed and Breakfasts are also perfect for staycations! Sometimes you just need a night away from the daily grind of life. If you do not have the budget or time to travel, a local Inn is a great alternative. You get a romantic evening away, individualized attention, maybe a little pampering, and hopefully insight into your local community.
- You are supporting a small business. These small business owners spend their days and nights providing service to their customers, and the best reward for their blood, sweat and tears is when you select their property for your stay.
- Finally, there are often specials and packages available when booking directly with a Bed and Breakfast that you wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else.
We hope the next time you plan to getaway, you will forgo booking at an AirBnB or vacation rental property, and will instead choose to stay at our luxury Bed and Breakfast. If there’s one thing our Bed and Breakfast does better than everywhere else, it’s hospitality. We look forward to sharing that with you! Book your stay at the Jail Hill Inn in Galena today.