These crisp, fall months practically beg for us to curl up indoors, hidden away from the harsh elements outside. It’s the perfect time to curl up with someone special and focus on romance. In the Midwest, there’s one romantic getaway destination that outshines the rest. Galena, a charming small town not too far away from the Midwest’s big city centers, imbues a sense of romance around every street corner and in every restaurant and shop. Spend your days browsing the towns historic buildings or boutique shops in downtown Galena, sipping wine at regional wineries, and taking in the magnificent scenery. No matter how you choose to spend your time, there’s no better place to spend a romantic getaway in Galena than at our luxurious Bed and Breakfast.
A Romantic Getaway in Galena
Downtown Galena is filled with quaint shops and a unique, charming sense of character. Whether it’s the simple pleasures of enjoying a romantic dinner together, or an inspired adventure designed to bring you closer together, Galena has it all. Here are 10 of our favorite ways to spend a romantic getaway in the historic town of Galena:
- Enjoy an intimate dinner for two at Galena’s most romantic restaurants. Innkeeper favorites include Fritz and Frites, the Log Cabin Steakhouse, and Chesnut Mountain Resorts Sunset Grille, which offers incredible panoramic views.
- Sipping a glass of wine at your favorite local winery. Favorites include Rocky Waters Vineyards & Winery, Massbach Ridge Winery, and Galena Cellars Vineyard & Winery. You can also grab a glass in downtown Galena at The Grape Escape.
- Indulge in a spa treatment with Elle Day Spa.
- Browse the shops along Galena’s historic Main Street.
- Take in a performance at one of Galena many theaters.
- Breath fresh air and enjoy the fall foliage at any number of Galena’s parks and hiking trails. Casper Bluff Land and Water Preserve offers exceptional views of the Mississippi River Bluffs, and the Mississippi Palisades State Park is guaranteed to be beautiful during the crisp autumn months.
- Take in the vibrant fall colors from high in the sky, aboard a hot air balloon.
- Take a tour of Blaum Bros. Distilling Co., a locally-owned and operated craft distillery in the heart of Galena. End the tour in the company’s comfortable tasting room and cocktail bar, where you can sample spirits and enjoy your time together.
- Tour historic buildings and homes like the Ulysses S. Grant home and the Elihu B. Washburne House.
- Take in the current exhibitions at the Galena Center for the Arts.
As always, your romantic getaway to the Jail Hill Inn begins with a wine and cheese reception, followed by chocolates and chilled champagne in your room. What follows will no doubt be charming getaway filled with plenty of romance. Book your romantic getaway at Galena’s best Bed and Breakfast today!