Are you looking for a fun getaway destination? Look no further! We love our little town of Galena and have some great ideas for all the fun things to do in galena this year, topped off, of course, with a stay at our luxury Bed and Breakfast.
It’s hard to believe sometimes, but after just over 3 years in business, Jail Hill Inn has seen incredible success. We were named Business of the Year by the Galena Chamber of Commerce, we earned a near-perfect score from Select Registry, and perhaps better yet, TripAdvisor named us the #1 Bed and Breakfast in the United States, and the #2 Bed and Breakfast in the world. Those are all incredible honors, and it has earned us quite a bit of positive press in local and regional media outlets. We’re so grateful for all of our guests over the years that have made this possible, and who continue to stay with us at our Galena Bed and Breakfast. We truly wouldn’t be here without you! But, that also means we’re seeing a lot of recent reservations, and rooms are booking up quickly both now and into the summer and fall of 2019, especially on those busy and coveted weekends. If you want to get away to Jail Hill Inn in 2019, you should consider booking your getaways now, and taking advantage of our availability while we still have it.
10 Ridiculously Fun Things To Do in Galena
For years, the charming town Galena has been winning awards for being one of the best small towns in America. To us, this comes as no surprise. Galena is known for its gorgeous rolling hills and is a town that has a rich sense of history and plenty of land and water trails to explore. There really are some incredibly fun things to do in Galena! Located just a few short hours from many major metropolitan areas, there truly is no better place to vacation than Galena. Here are 10 of our favorite things to do in Galena. If you think we left something off our list, let us know!
- Take a paddle down the Galena River. You can rent canoes, kayaks, and stand-up paddleboards from Fever River Outfitters, who also offer both guided and unguided canoe and kayak trips on the Galena River and backwaters of the Mississippi.
- Walk or bike down the Galena River Trail, which can be easily accessed from our Bed and Breakfast.
- Go wine tasting. You’ll find great-tasting opportunities at Galena Cellars Winery, Massbach Ridge Winery, Rocky Waters Winery, Fergedaboutit Winery, Jamie’s Wine Studio, and The Grape Escape.
- Take a tour and enjoy a tasting at Blaum Bros. Distillery.
- Go shopping along Galena’s “Helluva Half-Mile,” located on Main Street and within easy walking distance from Jail Hill Inn.
- Galena is also quickly becoming one of the Midwest’s premier golfing destinations. Each of Galena’s 10 golf courses offers something different. Top courses include Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, the Galena Golf Club, Woodbine Bend Golf Course, and the Lacoma Golf Course.
- See Galena from an entirely different vantage point, and go hot air ballooning.
- Get adventurous at Chestnut Mountain Resort, where you can cruise the Mississippi River, soar high above the valley on their zipline, or race down their alpine coaster. Long Hollow Canopy Tours is also another great place to go ziplining in Galena.
- Visit the historic Ulysses S. Grant home or other historic attractions such as the Belvedere Mansion and Gardens.
- Take in the views and the incredible beauty from Horseshoe Mound Preserve.
The Best Choice for Galena Lodging
No matter what it is that piques your interest, there are more than enough things to do in Galena to keep you busy for days. Add staying at our luxury Bed and Breakfast to your list of great things to do. A few days here will leave you feeling pampered, refreshed, and ready to tackle everything life throws your way. In fact, we think you’re going to enjoy your time with us so much that you’ll want to keep coming back time and time again. You might want to consider booking more than one getaway while you have the chance! Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Galena today.