10 Things To Do in Galena in 2019
It’s hard to believe sometimes, but after just over 3 years in business, Jail Hill Inn has seen incredible success. We were named Business of the Year by the Galena Chamber of Commerce, we earned a near-perfect score from Select Registry, and perhaps better yet, TripAdvisor named us the #1 Bed and Breakfast in the United States, and the #2 Bed and Breakfast in the world. Those are all incredible honors, and it has earned us quite a bit of positive press in local and regional media outlets. We’re so grateful for all of our guests over the years that have made this possible, and who continue to stay with us at our Galena Bed and Breakfast. We truly wouldn’t be here without you! But, that also means we’re seeing a lot of recent reservations, and rooms are booking up quickly both now and into the summer and fall of 2019, especially on those busy and coveted weekends. If you want to getaway to Jail Hill Inn in 2019, you should consider booking your getaways now, and taking advantage of our availability while we still have it.
10 Fun Things To Do in Galena on your Next Getaway
For years, the charming town Galena has been winning awards for being one of the best small towns in America. To us, this comes as no surprise. Galena is known for its gorgeous rolling hills, and is a town that has a rich sense of history, plenty of land and water trails to explore, and an incredible variety of other fun things to do. Located just a few short hours from many major metropolitan areas, there truly is no better place to vacation than Galena. Here are just a few fun ideas to get you started as you plan your getaways to our Galena Bed and Breakfast for 2019:
- Take a paddle down the Galena River. You can rent canoes, kayaks, and stand-up-paddle boards from Fever River Outfitters, who also offer both guided and unguided canoe and kayak trips on the Galena River and backwaters of the Mississippi.
- Walk or bike down the Galena River Trail, which can be easily accessed from our Bed and Breakfast.
- Go wine tasting. You’ll find great tasting opportunities at Galena Cellars Winery, Massbach Ridge Winery, Rocky Waters Winery, Fergedaboutit Winery, Jamie’s Wine Studio, and The Grape Escape.
- Take a tour and enjoy a tasting at Blaum Bros. Distillery.
- Go shopping along Galena’s “Helluva Half Mile,” located on Main Street and within easy walking distance from Jail Hill Inn.
- Galena is also quickly becoming one of the Midwest’s premiere golfing destinations. Each of Galena’s 10 golf courses offers something different. Top courses include Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa, the Galena Golf Club, Woodbine Bend Golf Course, and the Lacoma Golf Course.
- See Galena from an entirely different vantage point, and go hot air ballooning.
- Get adventurous at Chestnut Mountain Resort, where you can cruise the Mississippi river, soar high above the valley on their zipline, or race down their alpine coaster. Long Hollow Canopy Tours is also another great place to go ziplining in Galena.
- Visit the historic Ulysses S. Grant home, or other historic attractions such as the Belvedere Mansion and Gardens.
- Take in the views and the incredible beauty from Horseshoe Mound Preserve.
No matter what it is that peaks your interest, Galena more than enough things to do to keep you busy. With so many things to do, you’ll want to keep coming back time and time again. You might want to consider booking more than one getaway while you have the chance! Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Galena today.